ScrapRack or Binder System
Both the ScrapRack and our 12x12 Craft Binders can be used to organize your stencils and templates. Pocket pages are available in a variety of sizes that coordinate easily with standard stencil/template sizes. One of the best things about binder style storage, you can customize your binder pages/pockets to perfectly fit your stencil collection. (Watch a video to learn how to customize your pages.)
You can create a stencil storage binder to store a variety of sizes of stencils - pictured above, or you can create a binder for a single size/manufacturer as seen in the Lea France 12x12 stencils binder below. In the Lea binder, I've also saved the packaging in the pockets with each stencil. The packaging gives instructions on how to use the stencil.
The binder or ScrapRack option also works well if you’re organizing stencils within the 4 Section System.
ScrapRack or binder storage will be a good choice for you if:
- You prefer to keep your stencils stored with your other craft supplies.
- You want to keep all of your stencils together regardless of size of manufacturer.
- You want to use a catalog for easy reference to your stencils.
Fab Files or Paper Handlers and Tabbed Divider Pockets (TDP)
As I mentioned above, stencils come in a variety of sizes, many of them “standard” in the paper crafting world – 6x6, 6x8, and 12x12 are each very popular.
It’s simple to store and organize these stencils by size and/or brand.
6x6 stencils will tuck neatly into our 6x6 Tabbed Divider Pockets.
The 6x6 TDPs can be stored in either the 6x6 Fab File or the 6x6 Paper Handler.
6x8 stencils are narrower than the 8x8 TDP, the extra space allows you to stagger the stencils in the pocket for greater visibility. The 8x8 TDPs were designed to work with our 8x8 Fab File. The 8.5x11 Fab File TDPs are large enough to hold 2 6x8 stencils side by side.
12x12 stencils are a very common size in paper crafting, as our 12x12 templates like those made by Lea France.
Of course the 12x12 TDPs are a simple solution for organizing these large stencils and they can be used with either the 12x12 Fab File or the 12x12 Paper Handler.
Fab Files or Paper Handlers with TDPs are a good choice for you if:
- You prefer to organize and store your stencils by size – either Fab Files or Paper Handlers.
- You're storing your stencils somewhere that a “box” with a lid is necessary – Fab Files.
- You're storing your stencils on a shelf or in a cupboard, but you want to be able to easily access them and/or bring them to your workspace – Paper Handlers.
Fab Files will hold up to 25 TDPs – depending on how many stencils you’ve stored in each pocket.
Paper Handlers will accommodate up to 20 pockets, again, depending on how many stencils you have stored in each pocket.
The Desk Maid Die, Stamp & Supply Station (DSST)
We should probably add the word stencil to this product name Die, Stamp, Stencil & Supply Organizer. The DSST is a perfect solution if your goal is easy access to your stencils.
Because the DSST has 3 sections with varying heights, it can be used for a variety of stencil sizes while still keeping everything organized. The front section is the lowest of the three sections and can be divided into 4 compartments. This is ideal for smaller stencils, especially handy if you use small brass stencils.
Each section of the DSST will hold up to 25 TDPs per section, per side. If you’re using the 6x6 TDPs you’ll be able to fit 50 per section for a total of 150.
The DSST is a good choice for you if:
- You use, or would like to use, your stencils regularly and want to have them easily accessible.
- You have space on your desktop or shelf that will accommodate the DSST (15” x 9” – 38cm x 23.5cm).
- You are using one of our Companion Carts and want to create a mobile “stencil station.”